Someone liked my blog
enough to nominate it for an award.
I have no idea what this is – I suspect nothing, but No Such Thing as a Tabula Rasa nominated me, so I’ll play along! The rest of the instructions/format are copied directly from her post. PS: readers, answer the 11 questions too, if you feel like it. I’m curious 🙂
For those who are unfamiliar with what receiving a nomination for this award entails, here are the rules to follow if you choose to accept it:
- Publicly thank the blogger who nominated you.
- Include a copy of the award image in your post.
- Post 11 facts about yourself.
- Answer the 11 questions asked by the blogger who nominated you.
- Choose 11 newish bloggers who you think deserve the award (bloggers with a max of 300 followers) . Include a link to their blog and share the good news with them.
- Write up 11 new questions for your nominated bloggers to answer.
Here are 11 facts about me…
- I’m a voracious reader and a lapsed writer. I write everything down in my head, and only a fraction of it makes it to paper or print.
- I have a husband and a son, and we’re all in love.
- My ideal day is usually a road trip with great music, Michael, and a hiking destination.
- I have a Jawbone wrist band not for tracking steps, but for tracking sleep – I find the results fascinating!
- I use my St. Bernard as a pillow and she loves
- Give me a 70 degree day in the shade of trees and I’m a content woman
- My eyes don’t deal well with sunlight, so if it’s remotely bright outside I’m longing for sun glasses
- I’d be happier if I could stay up until 4 and then sleep until 10, but my work schedule doesn’t allow that
- I don’t drink enough water. Ever.
- I’m in love
- Some music feels like my soul mate
And these are my answers to the 11 questions asked by No Such Thing as a Tabula Rasa
1. Is gluttony a real sin?
I don’t really think sin is a ‘thing’ – but gluttony can be bad for you and the rest of the world.
2. What is your favourite character trait in another person?
Intelligence, and wisdom. Both are necessary.
3. When you think about dying how do you feel?
Ambivalent. It’s inevitable. I just hope I get a bit more time to spend with the people I love.
4. What makes you supremely happy?
My family, spring and fall, reading, walking in the woods.
5. Which fragrances stir up memories for you?
Issey Miyake cologne, because my husband wore it when we first got together. Susan Brown’s Baby soap, because my son smelled like it when he was an infant. My mom’s perfume.
6. What colour best describes your personality?
I have no idea…Mattie has decided I’m yellow, but I’m far from sunny. Perhaps green?
7. What is the most reckless thing you’ve ever done?
I’ve probably been far too reckless, but a recent safe answer is taking an old wooden boat with 1.5 oars across a bay in Maine to see some harbor seals on a tiny island – we were giddy with the unplanned and unwise nature of it (not to mention the realization that the seals were larger than both of us, and had babies to protect…) 🙂
8. Have you ever broken any hearts?
Maybe. At the time of breaking up? Sure. But I’d argue that it wasn’t ever really deep love, or we wouldn’t have broken up.
9. What is your karaoke song?
None. I don’t do karaoke. I just rock out at home and in my car.
10. Which fictional character would you most like to have drinks with?
Santiago from “The Old Man and the Sea”
11. Do you enjoy your own company?
If by that you mean do I like being alone? Absolutely. I require it, often and in large doses. But I don’t necessarily think about it as hanging out with myself…
And the blogs I would like to nominate…
I’m a tool and don’t follow many WordPress blogs, because I stick to my favorites. I’ll browse tonight and come up with 11 to nominate.
My 11 questions…
1. Why do you write a blog?
2. If you could change one single thing about the world, what would it be?
3. If you could live any single day of your life over again, as many times as you wanted to, what day would it be?
4. Do you believe in the idea of true love or a soul mate? Why or why not?
5. What would be your last meal, if you were able to choose it?
6. How do you feel about atheists?
7. What cause are you passionate about?
8. Are you more sympathetic or empathetic?
9. What’s your dream career, and if you aren’t pursuing it now, why not?
10. If you could live anywhere in the world and still be near your family, friends, work, etc, where would it be?
11. Do you know anything about the Leibster Award?